At PVCC we see uniqueness as something to be celebrated and supported. We are interested in the whole student and have a desire to see them develop their unique God-given gifts and talents in all areas. Some students are great at maths, others at friendship building, some excel at music, science or sport, and others have an amazing heart for the poor. We see all these attributes, and many more, as equally important, and we want children to be discovering and growing their gifts and talents, ready to enter and impact their world.
How we do that at PVCC is firstly through a solid, academic foundation. We also pastorally care for students; we know them and they know us. We allow – as much as possible – for children to play hard and play well. We move and experiment and take measured risks and sometimes fail. These are all an integral part of growth, and we value each part of the process.
Above all, and within our individuality, our deep hope is that our students will grow in character traits that reflect those of Christ and mirror our creator God.
Statement of Faith
We believe in –
1. One God eternally existing in three persons; Father, Son and the Holy Spirit.
2. The sovereignty of God in creation, providence, redemption, revelation and final judgement.
3. The Divine inspiration of the original documents of the Bible, its entire trustworthiness, sufficiency and supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
4. The Deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His atoning death on the cross as our representative and substitute, and only sinbearer, in His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His mediatorial work and His personal, visible return in power and glory.
5. The sinfulness and guilt of all mankind, that has rendered them subject to God’s wrath and condemnation.
6. Justification of the sinner by grace of God through personal faith in Christ alone and regeneration by the Holy Spirit.
7. The receiving and indwelling of the Holy Spirit at conversion and His continuing work in the heart and life of the believer.
8. The only holy universal Church of which Christ is the Head, to which all true believers belong.
9. The bodily resurrection and judgement of all mankind.