The Primary School has its own fully equipped Music room, and each class has one x fifty minute lesson per week with the classroom music specialist. Primary students with a high interest in music have a number of options for learning and performing.
- Students in Year 3 and 4 learn the recorder and have the opportunity to perform in the Recorder Band and choirs
- Individual or shared Music Tuition can be arranged for students interested in learning a particular instrument. Interested students can choose from a wide range of instruments and styles. These lessons are provided by private music teachers within school time.
- Students learning an instrument are encouraged to join the Primary Orchestra, or various smaller bands such as the string quartet.
- Autumn and Spring evening concerts are organised by the Music Department where all students learning an instrument are encouraged to perform solo or in a group.
- Year 6 students all learn the guitar during class music lessons and perform at end of term assemblies.