Plenty Valley Christian College is a well-established, independent, co-educational, K-12 College of around 800 students. It is situated in a magnificent semi-rural setting at the edge of the northern growth corridor of Melbourne.
Plenty Valley Christian College is a member of Christian Education National (CEN) and is committed to partnering with parents to provide quality education from a Biblical worldview that prepares their children to serve God and their neighbours in the world, according to the gifts God has given them.
From January 2019, we have full time Gardener / Handy Person position available within our maintenance team.
Every staff member plays a role in the pastoral care of students. Each staff member must have an active Christian faith.
Plenty Valley Christian College is a Child Safe School and is committed to the provision and practice of a safe environment for all children.
Applicants must posses current references (including minister reference).
About the Role:
The role will mainly consist of maintaining, developing and improving the College grounds and outdoor facilities, under the direction of the Facilities Manager.
The initial and typical work load would see tasks split usually 4 days per week on gardens and grounds and 1 day assisting with general maintenance / handy person tasks. This would depend on the cycle of the school calendar, weather cycles and other projects that are undertaken from time to time.
Some typical tasks include:
- Identification and control of weed, pest and disease outbreaks.
- Assist with lawn maintenance, including mowing, whipper snipping, fertilising and spraying.
- Assist with general presentation of the College including hard surface cleaning, litter pickup and removal of weeds.
- Assisting the other maintenance staff as required.
- General handy person jobs.
The Successful Applicant will have:
- Minimum 2 years experience in a similar role.
- Certificate II in horticulture or equivalent
- Drivers Licence
- Working with childrens check
As this position is situated in a school environment, it is important that the applicant has excellent personal communication skills, in addition to a strong commitment to and understanding of safe work practices.
Normal working hours are 7:00am to 3:00pm Monday to Friday, with some flexibility over summer months and some requirement for weekend and evening work during peak event times.
How to Apply:
To apply please submit your application via post to: Elizabeth Romano, Plenty Valley Christian College, 840 Yan Yean Rd, DOREEN 3754 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 14th January 2019;
- A fully completed Application Form.
- A covering letter to the Facilities Manager and Business Manager addressing your experience and suitability for this job.
- Curriculum Vitae (max 4 pages).