Executive Assistant to Business Manager and Deputy Principal
This is a 12 month maternity leave cover position for 2020. Start date is expected to be mid-January 2020.
About the College
Plenty Valley Christian College (PVCC) is a K3 to Year 12, Co-educational Christian College of approximately 800 students. We are one College with four sub-schools, Early Years, Junior Years, Middle Years and Senior Years.
The College is set in a magnificent rural area with spectacular views to the ranges. Plenty Valley is committed to developing high quality effective Christian education and is an active member of a national network of Christian schools in Australia known as Christian Education National. We are committed to the establishment of a close partnership with parents in the education of their children.
About the role
The Executive Assistant has direct responsibility to the Business Manager and Deputy Principal for the oversight and management of relevant technical operations and service interactions as an executive assistant related to their departments.
The role also has a large amount of interaction with the Administration Manager and Administration team.
The position is part time, 4 days per week.
The Position Objectives
To provide a high standard of service at Plenty Valley Christian College in accordance with College policies and procedures. The position entails all facets of secretarial, administrative, project-based work and practical support for the Business Manager and Deputy Principal who are members of the Executive of the College.
The Executive Assistant upholds the highest level of integrity and trust. They represent the College and the Executive team with self-confidence and discernment and embody dignity and formality.
Key Selection Criteria
Staff at Plenty Valley are selected on the basis of outstanding professional and personal qualities.
- a commitment to a relationship of faith and obedience to God, lived out both in personal and communal aspects of life – this would be evidenced by a clear understanding and acceptance of the redemptive work of Christ, a commitment to private and corporate prayer and Bible study, and regular involvement with a Christian church, community or fellowship group
- the ability to model the values and character qualities of biblical Christianity within the school community
- a demonstration of high standards of personal presentation, organisation, communication with other staff and parents, and in respecting the ethos and protocols of the College
- a clear sense of calling and desire to work within a Christian Environment
- demonstrated customer focus attributes, including the ability to respond promptly and courteously to a diverse range of service needs
- ability to manage time and prioritise tasks to achieve set outcomes.
- demonstrated knowledge of computer skills, including basic Windows, Microsoft Office, internet and email
- ability to provide basic information to a culturally diverse public
- advanced capability in the operation and use of office equipment
- compliance with the College’s Child Safe Policies and Staff Code of Conduct (available on the College website)
- current working with children check is mandatory.
Applications should include:
- Completed PVCC Application Form including: Academic Qualifications; Professional Experience and Professional and Personal Referees; and
- Cover letter addressing requirements of the Position Description.
Closing date for applications: 5pm Monday 16th September 2019.
Position description can be found here: Position Description – Executive Assistant (BM and DP)
Apply now via the College Website – https://www.pvcc.vic.edu.au/employment-opportunities
PVCC is a child safe environment. Our College actively promotes the safety and wellbeing of children and school staff are committed to protecting students from abuse or harm in the school environment, in accordance with all legal obligations including child safe standards. PVCC employees are required to comply with a Child Safe Code of Conduct which is available on the College website.