PRINCIPAL’S EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT
Plenty Valley Christian College (PVCC) is a 3-year-old Kinder to Year 12, Co-educational Christian College of approximately 800 students. The College is located in a magnificent semi-rural setting. We are committed to the establishment of close partnerships with parents in the education and nurture of their children. PVCC students learn within an educational framework based on Biblical principles and we endeavour to develop a strong sense of community amongst the students, parents and staff. Every staff member plays a role in the pastoral care of the students.
We have the position of Principal’s Executive Assistant now available.
About the Role:
Reporting directly to the Principal, this senior position entails all facets of secretarial, administrative and practical support for the Principal with some support for the Executive of the College currently comprising Principal, Business Manager and Deputy Principal.
The Principal’s Executive Assistant upholds the highest level of integrity and trust. They represent the College and the Executive team with self-confidence and discernment and embody dignity and formality.
The successful candidate will demonstrate an authentic Christian faith whilst adhering to the Christian ethos of the College and be an active member of a local church. A pastor’s reference is also required as part of the application.
Duties and Responsibility
- Secretarial and administrative support to the Principal and the School Executive
- Administrative responsibilities to the School Board through the Principal
- Human resources administration
- Events organisation in conjunction with the Community Relations Team
- Other duties required by the Principal from time to time
Further details are available in the Position Description below.
Full-time contract position. The initial contract term is to 18th December 2020, with the possibility of ongoing employment.
Salary is subject to negotiation depending on experience, in line with the College’s 2017-2019 Enterprise Agreement.
Purchased leave is available to be taken during school holidays up to 2 additional weeks per year. It is expected that staff in this role will take 3 weeks annual leave over the Christmas shut down period.
Required Specialist Skills & Knowledge
- previous experience in a similar role is essential
- experience at similar organisations such as independent schools will be an advantage
- strong interpersonal skills
- high degree of spread sheet / database and Microsoft Office software and web-based programs competence
- strong written and verbal communication skills with a high degree of accuracy
- solutions orientated and the ability to work autonomously and proactively while maintaining a high level of integrity, confidentiality and diplomacy.
Plenty Valley Christian College is a Child Safe School and is committed to the provision and practice of a safe environment for all children.
Please contact the Business Manager, Mr Matthew Duke via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 03 9717 7400 for a confidential discussion.
To apply please submit your application via post to: The Principal, Plenty Valley Christian College, 840 Yan Yean Rd, DOREEN VIC 3754
or email to email@example.com by 5pm Monday 1st July 2019 with;
- A fully completed Employment Application Form,
- A covering letter to the Principal addressing the selection criteria within the position description
- Curriculum Vitae (max 4 pages)
Note: Interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date as applications are received. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply promptly.