Christian Education National (CEN) is an association of Christian schools in Australia that has been in operation since the 1960s. Schools like Plenty Valley Christian College are part of this national partnership of Christian parent associations that collectively form and support the national organisation known as CEN Ltd. Sixty six schools in Australia operate through local parent associations on behalf of around twenty-three thousand students. There are sixteen such schools in Victoria.
CEN Ltd has links with other Christian schools in Australia and the similar organisations for Christian schooling in New Zealand, Canada, USA and the UK. Plenty Valley Christian College upholds the core values of CEN Ltd. In summary these are:
- The central positioning of Christian scripture, Christian thinking and a vibrant demonstration of Christian faith in school communities.
- Christian parents having an ongoing involvement in setting the educational direction of a school.
- School partnerships in local and national communities of accountability and support.
- Sharing the vision of Christian education in the wider community.
- Education of children for competent and responsible membership of the international community.
- Training teachers to understand and to teach from Christian perspectives and principles.
The vision for the College readily flows out of these values.
Please do not hesitate to contact us. We encourage prospective parents and students to visit us, and we would be delighted to show you around and answer any further questions you might have.