Christian Education National (CEN) is an association of Christian Schools in Australia that have been in operation since the 1960’s. Schools like Plenty Valley Christian College are part of this national group or partnership of Christian parent Associations that collectively form and support the national organization known as CEN Ltd. Some eighty-five schools in Australia operate through local parent Associations on behalf of around twenty-three thousand students. There are fourteen such schools in Victoria.
CEN Ltd has links with other Christian schools in Australia and the similar organizations for Christian schooling in New Zealand, Canada, USA and the UK. Plenty Valley Christian College upholds the core values of CEN Ltd. In summary these are:
- The central positioning of Christian scripture, Christian thinking and a vibrant demonstration of Christian faith in school communities.
- Christian parents having an ongoing involvement in setting the educational direction of a school.
- School partnerships in local and national communities of accountability and support.
- Sharing the vision of Christian education in the wider community.
- Education of children for competent and responsible membership of the international community.
- Training teachers to understand and to teach from Christian perspectives and principles.
The vision for the College readily flows out of these values.
Please do not hesitate to contact us. We encourage prospective parents and students to visit us. We would be delighted to show you around and talk with you.